Android Developer Mawson Lakes, SA
Starting from a small team of developers based in Adelaide almost 10 years ago, OzRunways has grown to become the market leading Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) in Australia and New Zealand and a trusted EFB in regions such as South Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
Most recognized for our native mobile apps OzRunways (iOS) and RWY (Android). OzRunways provides pilots with everything they need to fly safely and legally, including route planning, performance calculations, weather briefing and access to maps and information in-flight. OzRunways also develops and operates data processing, server systems and web apps to support the apps.
The aviation sector is a dynamic and exciting industry which requires the ability to adapt to change quickly. OzRunways fosters a culture of creativity, autonomy and flexibility enabling the business to adapt to the constantly changing environment which is aviation.
We are looking to expand our team with a software developer to work on our native Android apps.
Our apps have a mix of Kotlin and Java, and use some of the Jetpack libraries published by Google. We have fairly unique requirements in that a lot of functions have to be able to operate offline as they are designed to be used in-flight. This provides some interesting challenges and opportunities for optimisation and finding novel solutions to problems. This is not a boring CRUD app!
Working under the direction of the Senior Android Developer in the Mawson Lakes office you will have a real chance to help shape the future direction of the app.
Benefits and culture:
- Start-up attitude in an established, profitable small business
- Solve challenging problems in a small team of smart developers
- Professional development opportunities
- Modern development techniques - continuous integration and staged roll-outs
- Competitive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours
- Located in Mawson Lakes with easy free parking and close to train station
- Opportunity to travel providing training and promoting products at air shows and conferences
We are most interested in hiring someone with an ability and willingness to learn! Experience with the Android framework is not necessarily a prerequisite, but some experience with using a GUI toolkit and/or event driven programs would be an advantage.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- An understanding of Kotlin, Java, the JVM ecosystem or another managed runtime.
- Familiarity with using an integrated development environment
- Experience with version control systems (e.g.: git)
If this sounds like the job for you apply to firstname.lastname@example.org