Web Developer - Full Stack Mawson Lakes, SA
Starting from a small team of developers based in Adelaide almost 10 years ago, OzRunways has grown to become the market leading Electronic Flight Bag (EFB) in Australia and New Zealand and a trusted EFB in regions such as South Africa, Latin America and Asia Pacific.
Most recognized for our native mobile apps OzRunways (iOS) and RWY (Android). OzRunways provides pilots with everything they need to fly safely and legally, including route planning, performance calculations, weather briefing and access to maps and information in-flight. OzRunways also develops and operates data processing, server systems and web apps to support the apps.
The aviation sector is a dynamic and exciting industry which requires the ability to adapt to change quickly. OzRunways fosters a culture of creativity, autonomy and flexibility enabling the business to adapt to the constantly changing environment which is aviation.
We are looking to expand our team with a software developer to work on modernising and developing out our website, web apps and back-end.
This includes our public website, subscriber database, App API, traffic server, aeronautical data services and our "Enterprise Dashboard", which our corporate customers use to manage their fleet of devices and company data they wish to make available in-app.
Our backend has a mix of Java and Kotlin on Tomcat with PostgreSQL databases and deployed on Linux.
Benefits and culture:
- Start-up attitude in an established, profitable small business
- Solve challenging problems in a small team of smart developers
- Professional development opportunities
- Modern development techniques - continuous integration and staged roll-outs
- Competitive remuneration package
- Flexible working hours
- Located in Mawson Lakes with easy free parking and close to train station
- Opportunity to travel providing training and promoting products at air shows and conferences
We are most interested in hiring someone with an ability and willingness to learn! Experience with our specific technologies is not necessarily a prerequisite, it is more important to be well-versed in a similar environment while being adaptable and eager to learn.
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- An understanding of Java, Kotlin and the JVM ecosystem
- Relational database design
- Comfortable with Linux systems
- Experience accessing third-party APIs
- Well versed in HTML & CSS
- Bootstrap or other responsive HTML frameworks
- Familiarity with using an integrated development environment
- Experience with version control systems (e.g.: git)
If this sounds like the job for you apply to email@example.com